Thursday, May 21, 2015

Don't Panic


I hope that when we start thinking about the vast capabilities that our Chromebooks and iPads will allow us next year, a feeling of panic and anxiety doesn't set in. Think about your classroom. Create instructional goals for your students, and we will work with the technology to support those goals. 
Examples: 
In my class I want more time to work with students
In my class I want my students to write better and provide feedback
In my class I want to assess student understanding without having to rely on grading
In my class I want students to collaborate on their assignments

Start with:
In my class...
My students struggle with...
The biggest instructional need in my class is...

Guidelines for creating these goals: 
1. Be specific
2. Focus on learning, NOT technology
3. Think in terms of a 1-year timeline.

We can then tie technology to those instructional goals. Technology is here to help you reach your classroom and teaching goals; not replace your teaching with a computer :) 

You have Atomic Learning set up with your district username and password. Use it! It's a vast resource of not only specific apps, but also pedagogical training, and more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment